Hypnosis is a Naturally Induced State of Relaxed Concentration
Hypnosis is a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel, and the choices we make. It can actually control pain.
There is no magic to achieving success with hypnosis. Anyone who chooses can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus.
When having your baby with HypnoBirthing, what you will experience is similar to the daydreaming or focusing when you are engrossed in a book, or staring at a fire. You will be conversant and in good spirits—totally relaxed, but fully in control. You will be aware of your body’s contractions (surges), and be able to determine the extent to which you feel the surges. You will experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, without the fear and tension that cause pain. Your body’s natural anesthesia, endorphins, will replace the stress hormones that cause pain.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful peaceful, experience nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
- Eliminates the Fear, Tension, and Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
- Diminishes fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake, with energy for actual birthing.
- Removes or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion.
- Fosters more rapid post-natal recovery.
You Will Learn
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labor and pain, replacing them with confidence, calm and comfort.
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort.
- Techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labor.
- To create your body’s own natural anesthesia, the only safe labor enhancement.
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without chemical induction.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the trauma of hard physical pushing.
- To practice deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
- Why women in other cultures give birth almost entirely free of discomfort.
- The sources of the myths that pain must accompany normal birth.
HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education Classes are available. Group and Private Sessions. Sessions may be done in person or on Skype.
How could I believe when I had gone through not one, but 2 long and excruciating labors? I was petrified! Then I found HypnoBirthing . This birth took 4 1/2 hours. I was relaxed and comfortable all the way. It was wonderful!”
I was with my wife for the birth of our first child. It was a bad experience for us. HypnoBirthing was far more than we had even hoped for. Our daughter came into the world so easily and in such a calm atmosphere.”
I kept telling myself all I will feel is pressure–and it works! That’s all I did feel. What a difference from my first labor!”
I read of the advantages of self-hypnosis and relaxation in a magazine and set out to find a program that could teach me the method. I’m so happy I found HypnoBirthing ! This was our first baby, and my active labor was only three hours from start to end. We were thrilled.”
When I met Taj for our class I was definitely feeling in a very different place. I had been listening to Hypnobirthing cd and read the book, however the class allowed to go to deeper places and heal spaces in my soul that needed to be healed. The whole idea of being able to have a comfortable painless birth resides in being able to relax deeply,mentally and physically. Through the amazing sessions I was able to enjoy with Taj I was able to go to places where I definitely needed to go through so I can have the birth and parenting experience I wanted. I am relaxed, calmed and elated to give birth as I wanted. It has been extremely helpful to deal with the bunch of well intended but negative advice that comes from mothers and women who have not even had kids brainwashed by years of exposure to media messages and that the hospital way and sedating yourself with tons of drugs is the only way to go.” —J. Wheeler, Kauai